The health and safety of Olympic Steel’s employees is our top priority. We will continue to provide updates and guidance related to COVID-19 (“coronavrus”) as it becomes available.
As we continue to monitor the COVID-19 (“coronavirus”) situation, we will add alert emails sent to “All Olympic Users” here. Please continue to check back for the latest communication. Should you have questions in the meantime, please contact Olympic Steel’s Human Resources team at 216.242.2886 or Corporate.HR@olysteel.com.
- REMINDER: Not feeling well? Stay home!
- If you register a temperature of over 100.4 or you’re experiencing any COVID symptoms, please stay home. Contact your supervisor and your Regional HR Manager for next steps. Your Regional HR Manager has a list of local COVID testing sites. The following options are also available:
- Olympic Steel’s Pandemic Preparedness & Response Policy
- Health & Safety Posters:
- State-by-State Reopening Guidelines
- Cleveland Clinic Resources – Expert insight for safely returning to work while remaining healthy and resilient
- 4/16 – 401(k) Plan Changes Related to the CARES Act – Information for employees enrolled in Olympic Steel’s 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Guidance on Voluntary Face Coverings
- CDC Guidance:
- If you have not been exposed to SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19, this is not a mandatory requirement and is a personal choice for each employee.
- If you are returning to work after a known exposure to SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19, the CDC strongly recommends that you wear a cloth face covering at all times while in the workplace.
- DIY – Face Covering Instructions
- CDC Guidance:
- CDC Guidance re: Employees Exposed to COVID-19 (“Coronavirus”) and Returning to Work (Following Required Quarantine Period)
- CARES Act Links and Resources:
- 3/19 – Health & Safety Alert: Coronavirus Update Re: Temperature Self-Monitoring – Recommendations for all employees regarding self-monitoring temperatures and stations being set-up in all Olympic Steel facilities
- 3/17 – Health & Safety Alert: Coronavirus Update for Production Facilities – Overview of additional health and safety requirement implemented at all Olympic Steel production facilities
- 3/13 – Alternate Meeting Technologies – Overview of available technology alternatives to in-person meetings
- 3/12 – Health & Safety Alert: Coronavirus Policy Updates – Guidelines re: travel, Company meetings, visitors and other health and safety reminder
- ATTACHMENT 1: CDC Poster – Feeling Sick? Stay Home from Work
- ATTACHMENT 2: CDC Poster – Keeping Your Workplace Safe
- ADDITIONAL RESOURCES: Notice to Visitors of Olympic Steel Facilities
- 3/2 – Health & Safety Alert: Coronavirus – Health and safety tips for stopping the spread of germs and recognizing COVID-19 symptoms
Additional Information & Resources
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) Website – Updated resources and information related to the ongoing and rapidly changing COVID-19 situation.
- Olympic Steel Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – During this unprecedented and challenging time, you may be experiencing additional stress. Explore the resources available to help through Olympic Steels’ EAP, provided by Guidance Resources and Compsych. To get started, call: 1-888-628-4824 or visit guidanceresources.com (company web ID: OLYSTEEL).
- UnitedHealthcare (Medical Benefits) – Access coverage information and resources to keep yourself and your family healthy.
- Captrust – Financial planning resources and helpful market information.
See more News