Your feedback helps to ensure our communications tools and content are just right for you.
You’ve Told Us How to Get Better
This summer, you shared your thoughts about our new communications tools and content. Your feedback helps us measure the effectiveness and impact of the program, so we can ensure the new tools are the best they can be for you and your family.
Here’s a look at what you’ve told us so far and how we’re using your feedback to improve:
“A survey every month is too much.”
- We have increased the time between surveys.
“Although the website looks good and is interesting, it would be nice to have printed copies of the content available.”
- We will continue to offer a printed version of the Odyssey newsletter.
- Our divisions are working to designate space in common areas for printed materials – including e-news alerts and more.
“It would be nice to hear more about perks and discounts.”
- We will share programs, services and discounts that are available to you and your families. Keep an eye on the Newsfeed and on the Steel Perks & Benefits page.
“We’d like to understand more about career growth potential and opportunities.”
- One of the reasons we share stories about your fellow Olympic Steel coworkers is so you can see how others have built their careers within our organization. We hope it offers inspiration for your own Olympic Steel journey!
- Currently, a cross-functional team is rejuvenating our existing performance management program. This refresh will focus on clear, defined goals for each individual. It will provide for a regular and consistent two-way feedback loop between employees and supervisors. Watch for more details available soon.
“It would be great to link IAMOlympicSteel.com with OSSIE.”
- IAMOlylmpicSteel.com is available to everyone, from anywhere, without credentials or log-in requirements. On the other hand, OSSIE hosts proprietary information like our employee handbook, business data, marketing materials and more. You may access this information on OSSIE from any PC at work.
- While IAMOlympicSteel.com is linked from OSSIE, we won’t be linking OSSIE from IAMOlympicSteel.com due to the confidential nature of information on OSSIE.
“Information from my supervisor doesn’t always make its way to me.”
- Our communication strategy is designed to include layers, using multiple platforms to connect with you.
- Our communications tools are new for everyone. Supervisors and managers are reviewing the tools and learning their responsibilities to share information with their teams.
- We are working hard to communicate directly with employees (for example, that’s what IAMOlympicSteel.com is all about).
Two Ways to Stay in the Know
To get information and updates sent directly to you, sign up for:
- Text alerts – Text IAMOLYMPICSTEEL to 216.785.2653 (don’t worry, you can opt out anytime by replying STOP).
- Email alerts – Send your email address to CompanyCommunications@olysteel.com.
Thanks for Your Feedback and Suggestions
Hearing what’s on your mind helps us to deliver the solutions that best meet your needs. Our next 3-minute survey will be sent later this year. In the meantime, you can always send feedback directly to us at CompanyCommunications@olysteel.com.
See more News