Investing in new equipment and technology – like the newest tube laser at Chicago Tube & Iron – helps us keep our competitive advantage
Investing in new equipment and technology is an important way for Olympic Steel to keep our competitive advantage in the marketplace. And we’re always happy when the media reports and highlights those advantages.
Chicago Tube & Iron, in Romeoville, IL, recently invested in a new tube laser, a BLM Group LT8.10 model. And it was subsequently featured in Modern Metals magazine.
We’re thrilled with the publicity, but we’re even more excited about what the new equipment can do. As Raul Saucedo, Operations Manager, says, “From an operations perspective the faster you process a part, the more competitive you can be as a company.”
This BLM Group LT8.10 carbon laser:
- Processes round, square, rectangular, I-beam and other special shapes of mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum
- Uses state-of-the art Active Scan Measuring for fast dimensioning of raw material
- Has 5-Axis articulation ·
- Cuts diameters up to 9.5”
- Features 3-D tilt cutting, capable of complex cutting patterns
Want to know more about what this laser can do? Check it out here: https://youtu.be/UjkK_YxXSsg
The new laser has surpassed expectations. Raul says the quality of the cut on parts produced on this new laser far exceeds previous versions of the machine, giving us a true competitive edge in the marketplace. Most important, Raul adds, “Our products look amazing going out the door!
See more News