Congratulations to the divisions who have achieved zero recordable incidents for Q2 and the first half of the year!
Olympians have risen to meet numerous challenges this year, including moving closer to achieving our 2020 safety goals.
At the end of the second quarter, Olympic Steel’s Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR) for flat rolled divisions improved 31% from the TRIR peak in October 2019. Although our hours worked has decreased, our number of injuries have decreased almost 3x that rate! Chicago Tube and Iron locations also showed significant improvement with a 50% reduction in injuries when comparing 2Q2019 to 2Q2020.
Congratulations to these divisions for their achievements in safety!
ZERO OSHA Recordable Injury/Illness events in Q2 2020
- Berlin Metals – Hammond, IN
- CTI – Des Moines Distribution, IA
- Olympic Steel – Bettendorf, IA
- Olympic Steel – Schaumburg, IL
ZERO OSHA Recordable Injury/Illness events in the Q1 and Q2 2020
- CTI – Chicago Distribution, IL
- CTI – Chicago Fabrication and Power, IL
- CTI – Locust Distribution, NC
- CTI – Minnesota Distribution, MN
- CTI – Owatonna Fabrication, MN
- CTI – Wisconsin Distribution, WI
- Integrity Stainless – Latrobe, PA
- Integrity Stainless – Streetsboro, OH
- Olympic Steel – Dover, OH
- Olympic Steel – Gary, IN
- Olympic Steel – Mount Sterling, KY
In addition to these impressive statistics, let’s also take a moment to recognize the following divisions for their stellar performance in working toward accomplishing the 2020 Baseline Safety Requirements. These divisions exceeded expectation in these areas and are well on their way to accomplishing these goals before the end of year deadline:
- Integrity Stainless for overall Safety Team performance!
- Cleveland, OH and Detroit, MI – Job Safety Analyses
- Minneapolis, MN, Coil & Plate – Safety/5S/Housekeeping Walks
Safety first. Always. And, it starts with me.