Olympic Steel’s Heat Management Program establishes protocols to keep our employees safe and hydrated when temperatures rise.
With thermometer’s hitting record-high temperatures in some parts of the country and more warm days to come, we need to take extra care.
Fortunately, Olympic Steel and Chicago Tube & Iron facilities are prepared. Each location has a Heat Management Program, specific to the health and safety needs of the division and how its teams work, that includes
- Hydration requirements
- Pandemic protocols
- Regulatory information
- Heat-related illnesses and how to avoid them
- Risk factors and workplace considerations
- Recommended action for high-heat conditions
- Acclimatization program – to help employees safely adapt to the work environment
- Educational information
- Who to contact for questions or support
A Heat Management Program poster is displayed at each location to quickly identify where supplies are stored and who to contact for assistance. Talk to your local Safety Manager or a member of the Safety Team to make sure you’re doing all you can to keep cool during the hot summer months.
Safety First. Always. And, it starts with me.