Congratulations to four divisions for your relentless dedication to safety!
Olympic Steel has been a member of the Fabricators & Manufacturers Association, commonly known as FMA, for many years. Since 2007, the FMA has recognized Olympic Steel divisions for our commitment to safety, specifically our injury and illness incident rates. FMA’s safety award categories include:
- Safety Award of Honor: for a perfect safety record with no recordable injuries or illnesses in the prior year
- Safety Award of Merit: for companies posting an injury and illness incidence rate that is better than the published BLS rate by 10% or greater
- Safety Award – Honorable Mention: for the companies posting an injury and illness incidence rate that is at least equal to but less than 10% better than the published BLS rate based on their NAICS code from the previous calendar year
- Most Improved Safety Record: the company with the greatest percentage of improvement over the prior year
This year, we’re proud to announce four divisions who’ve achieved at least one of these distinctions:
- CTI – Romeoville, IL: Award of Honor
- CTI, Laser – Romeoville, IL: Award of Honor
- Integrity Stainless – Latrobe, PA: Award of Honor
- Olympic Steel – Winder, GA: Honorable Mention
Help us congratulate these divisions for their awards and for their dedicated leadership and relentless attention to safety! Nothing is more important than keeping our employees healthy and safe.
To learn more about the awards and the Fabricators & Manufacturers Association, visit fmamfg.org.
Safety First. Always. And, it starts with me.